Here's a card trick you can try by yourself or in front of others. Follow these instructions carefully and you can do this effect.
1. Get a deck of cards and deal 14 cards from the deck. Put the rest of the deck away.
2. From these 14 cards, make a pile spelling out your name or nickname but the pile cannot be more than six cards. For example, if your name is Jim, deal three cards. If it's Ellen, deal five cards.
3. Now make a second pile the same way as the first pile. You should now have two piles on the table and the remaining cards still in your hand.
4. Choose one of the piles and discard it.
5. Look at the top card of your remaining pile and remember it. Place that card on top of the cards you still have in your hand. Then place the rest of the pile on the table on top of the cards in your hand.
6. Now spelling out the phrase "I am magic", take the top card of your pile and place it on the bottom of your pack. You do this for each letter of the phrase.
7. Now from your pack, deal the first five cards.
8. Turn over the next card. It will be the card you remembered.